Position Title: Soul Ambassador
Supervisor: Director of Marketing
Start Date: April 2023
Compensation: Various, both day and hourly pay as appropriate
Location: Various multi-state travel
Status: Part-Time, Nonexempt
The Soulsville Foundation is the parent organization for the Stax Music Academy,The Soulsville Charter School, and Stax Museum of American Soul Music. It is located at the
The Stax Museum of American Soul Music is seeking a dynamic and driven individual for the position of Soul Brand Specialist. As the ambassador of the Soul Mobile, you will represent the Stax Museum and the Soulsville Foundation and promote the legacy of Stax Records and American soul music in various locations around the United States. This position is both hourly and day rate, and the successful candidate will report to the Director of Marketing.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Soul Mobile Operation:
• Drive/travel to predetermined cities, operate a vehicle and maintain a clean, safe company trailer (The Soul Mobile).
• Set up merchandise, stock, and restock merchandise; complete sales transactions and report end-of-day sales.
Marketing Activation Coordination:
• Prepare, set up, and break down marketing activations.
• Collect data, emails, feedback, and photos/video to engage potential donors/sponsors and social media content.
• Coordinate with collaborating partners at in-state and out-of-state events, including artists, DJs, record store owners, educators, event coordinators, etc.
• Be a brand ambassador for Memphis music, and the legacy of Stax Records.
• Event summary report, including inventory report.
• Assist with additional Soulsville Foundation events and lead as a teaching artist where applicable.
• Work with Soulsville Foundation Education staff to create engaging activities, discussions, and learning opportunities.
• Maintain relationships with audiences and partnering organizations.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Soulsville Foundation management.
The successful candidate will be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be an outgoing, marketing-minded individual with an adventurous spirit. A love for music and connecting with people of all ages and backgrounds is essential. A knowledge of Stax music history and American soul music is a bonus.
• Understanding of retail sales and merchandising strategies
• Understanding of social media strategies and initiatives in digital marketing
• Be enthusiastic about the Stax Museum’s mission to preserve and promote the legacy of Stax Records and American soul music
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical, electrical, and mechanical problems
• Experience with, or ability to learn, towing a trailer with a van or truck
• Experience in an art or museum industry, with the ability to engage audiences in many settings.
• Have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, be age 25 or older, and pass a background check.
• Be savvy in customer service
• Be comfortable with facilitation for both small and large audiences
• Experience with, or ability to learn, how to create and implement arts activities
Physical requirements include the ability to sit for extended periods, drive a vehicle for up to 8 hours at a time, climb stairs, walk, lift boxes that weigh up to 40 pounds, set up promotional equipment, chairs, tables, merchandise, and hook up and unhook a tow trailer to a vehicle.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “SOUL Ambassador” in the email subject line.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and until a suitable candidate is hired for the position.
Soulsville Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Soulsville Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.