The Soulsville Foundation is accepting applications for the position of Community Engagement Manager (CEM). This position will serve as a liaison between the Soulsville Foundation Development Department and its individual donors, members, volunteers, and community partners.
POSITION TITLE: Community Engagement Manager
SUPERVISOR: Development Director
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time Regular, Exempt
COMPENSATION: $60,000 plus competitive benefit package
This role, in partnership with the Director of Development and executive leadership, will represent the Stax Museum of American Soul Music, Stax Music Academy, and Soulsville Foundation (in-person and virtually) at community, public speaking, and donor engagement events. Similarly, the CEM will develop strong working relationships with the community and stakeholders by engaging individual donors and members, regularly attending neighborhood association meetings, and identifying authentic engagement opportunities for the SF. This role reports directly to the Director of Development and will operate as part of the Development Team. The ideal candidate is goal-driven and energized by relational work, event planning, and Memphis music.
GENERAL SOULSVILLE FOUNDATION STAFF REQUIREMENTS:
● Act as a member of the Soulsville Foundation team by attending meetings and providing input to strategic initiatives.
● Participate in long range strategic planning and annual budgeting.
● Act as a positive role model to the students of The Soulsville Charter School and Stax Music Academy, who are a consistent presence in the Soulsville Foundation office.
● Represent the Soulsville Foundation as a positive, professional, and active member of the Greater Memphis Community.
● Be available to work flexible hours, including some weekends and holidays with reasonable notice.
● Must possess a valid driver’s license and show proof of liability insurance coverage as required by the laws of the State of Tennessee.
● Be fully vaccinated with at least one round of the COVID19 vaccine.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
● A senior member of the Soulsville Foundation Development Team, responsible for nurturing and developing individual giving donors and the Global Capital of Soul Membership program
● Be, or become, intimately familiar with the Stax Records story, its artists, and their continued significance
● Stay abreast of philanthropic, economic, social, and community trends to better understand the market and increase donor lead generation and engagement
● Spearhead the development, marketing, and launch of the Global Capital of Soul Membership program
● Partner with the CEO and Development Director to guide board members in fundraising
● Update and maintain annual member and individual donor stewardship strategy and plan
● Maintain strong data systems and data accuracy
● Track, annually forecast, and provide periodic reporting on engagement metrics and outcomes
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● 3+ years of professional experience working in development, business development, sales, marketing, or another relevant field.
● Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
● Experience in building collaborative relationships among multiple partners with diverse interests.
● Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
● Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
● Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
● Understanding digital marketing and technology platforms is a plus.
● Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment.
● Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability, and maturity.
● Understanding of measurement and analytics and ability to prepare data reports.
To combat the problem of incredible candidates getting lost in the paperwork, we’ve created an application process that is a bit different than the norm. We really appreciate those who choose to apply, and we want to give each candidate the chance to communicate who they are and why they want to join the mission of the Soulsville Foundation. All applicants must submit the following in order to be considered further. Please email to email@example.com and in the subject line please list the job for which you are applying.
● Resume and LinkedIn Profile Link
● Cover letter – one page or less
● Optionally, an “About Me” Video following the guidelines below:
○ 1-2 minutes long
○ Your Full Name
○ The position for which you are applying
○ The date you are applying
○ Answer: What skills and attitude do you possess that would make you a great fit for this position?
○ Answer: What would you hope your life’s legacy to be?
Soulsville Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Soulsville Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.